History

New Song Community Learning Center (NSCLC) opened its doors in 1991 as a non-profit educational program, specifically as a small preschool and after-school program for the children in the Sandtown-Winchester community of West Baltimore. The Learning Center was founded by Susan Tibbels, a Sandtown resident and co-founder of New Song Urban Ministries community development enterprise that oversaw a wide range of local programs and organizations. NSCLC expanded in 1994 with the opening of New Song Academy and became a K-8 public school in 1997 under the New Schools Initiative of the Baltimore City Public School System, a program that gave schools charter-like flexibility. In 2001, NSCLC moved into a new $5 million center to house the New Song Academy and provide space for additional community programs and services. Today, there are approximately 166 PreK – 8th Grade children and their families attending classes, after school programs, musical and arts performances, basketball games, workshops and other events under the New Song Community Learning Center umbrella.

Students

After School programs

Faculty

Years Established

Get In Touch

Location: 1530 Presstman St. , Baltimore 21217

Telephone:(410) 728-2091

Email: info@newsongclc.org

School Hours: M-F: 8am - 3pm